Friday, August 07, 2015

HELP!!! I'm buried in STUFF!

I've always known that I am a pretty fortunate woman. For the last 20 years, I've had a crafting space of my own and no matter how big or small, I've always made good use of these spaces. The house we are moving to is considerably smaller with no actual space for a craft area. I'm going to put a lot in storage, but even the basics that I will need/want are completely overwhelming me. Once we move the house onto our land, we are going to make me a dedicated she-shed/craft room. For the next year or two, or three, I have to figure how to manage with very little space. To say I'm overwhelmed is quite the understatement, lol! Here is a peek of what I'm dealing with in my packing and sorting adventures....and please excuse my mess, I am packing after all.....😝

This is a huge closet where I keep my fabric for my bags and stuff I sell.  And batting.  And stuffing, and WIPS.  I am going to miss this closet and much of what is in here will go to the new house, because it's for my business.  Ugh.
This is one of my yarn hutches, it's small and will look cute anywhere we put it.

Here are my cupboards and my ironing cabinet that stores TONS of fabric.  They will not be coming with us to the new house, but will go into storage. I will be giving most of that fabric away......

My second yarn hutch, which hubby and I just recently repurposed out of a couple of old dressers.  Thankfully, it has enough room to hold the majority of my yarn--and it is small enough that it will fit into the new house somewhere.  All the stuff on the sewing table, however----omg, i have no idea....

My main fabric hutch.  I am going to have to be able to reorganize it at the new house to hold all of the fabrics I plan on bringing with me.  It's doable.  I think.  I hope.....

more craft storage, that will somehow come with us.

Most of the stuff on my table is consistently used when I am sewing.  There are a lot of magazines and 'junk' that I need to just get rid of.  I keep telling myself I'll feel so much lighter when this is all over and done......

I have already resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to take my sewing table. And my wall cupboards. And my ironing cabinet. And my pegboards. I am taking the yarn and fabric hutches and any and all plastic storage systems, so the yarn and fabric that makes the trip to the new house already has a set storage spot, and those hutches will be arranged neatly in the main space of the house. We do have a big walk-in closet in the master where I can store some stuff, but not too much because it'll also be used for bulk paper products storage, clothes, Seamus' toys and whatever else we can smoosh in there.  We plan on finding a storage locker near the house for overflow, so I suppose if I need something, I can go there. It's just so overwhelming. At the same time, it'll admittedly be extremely "freeing" to not be so weighted down by my stuff. Downsizing a home, means downsizing stuff. My craft stuff is my hobby and my livelihood. I don't have to have ALL of it though, so please, send me strength and positive vibes, I'm going to try to go through and make some boxes of stuff to give away. Oye, I need the vibes, lol! 

No comments: