Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscar night and other tidbits

So, I'm finally sitting down---it's been a busy day and I'm exhausted!  I got up and immediately set about to clean the kitchen from top to bottom and do about 8 loads of laundry.  It hadn't had a good cleaning since before my surgery at Christmas time so it was WAY overdue!  After that, I dusted and finally put away my snowmen and the rest of the Christmas/Yule decorations.  I ran to the library and went to the grocery store and then came home to start the 3 hour process of making chicken enchiladas.  They were well worth the effort!  After dinner,  Jeremy reminded me that the Oscars were on so instead of folding laundry, I'm watching the Oscars. I haven't seen any of the movies but I've read and heard enough about all of them that I feel I know which ones I would root for, well based on the little knowledge of them! I'd like to see Colin Firth win an Oscar for The Single Man----I don't think he will because of the bigwigs that are nominated with him but I just love him. Ever since I saw him in Pride and Prejudice--well, I'm sure many of you can relate.


The tribute to John Hughes was sweet.  His movies were so awesome, I mean, they defined what it was like to be a teen in the 1980's---and I was there.  It was weird seeing all those actors who were so young and sweet, now they are older and look just like anyone else---well, maybe with the exception of Judd Nelson, LOL!  I'm glad that they did recognize John Hughes, his movies get ya, each one of them makes you feel something, and it's a good something!

noting the lack of Pretty in Pink :-(

Well, I joined these blog hops and I had fun---the Parade was fun and I got to hear from a lot of people but the Show us your Life one I wasn't so impressed.  Lots of people stopped by but only 3 bothered to leave a comment.  Isn't the point to meet new people?  Oh well, their loss!  I always leave a comment when I stop by, it's the polite things to do!

This weekend was quiet.  Seamus' doctor had ordered new medicine for his ADHD  and we had started it on Tuesday---he's no longer taking it.  He had 2 major psychotic reactions, pain, hallucinations, anxiety, screaming, crying, it was so awful and I feel so guilty about putting him through that.  His last episode was Friday, I spent 3 1/2 hours holding him so he wouldn't hurt himself, it took every ounce of my strength!  By Saturday, the both of us were completely wiped out, we both had colds and our bodies were sore and weak from the day before, so we just laid around the house all day.  Today, he was back to his usual self, hyper and running all over, climbing bookcases, using my bedpost as a fire pole, throwing duplos around the room.  As irritating as it can be to constantly have to stop him, I was so happy to do it today, better than then a confused, terrified, scared little boy.  The worse part of the whole experience was that he could not verbalize what was happening, what he was feeling.  I'm just glad it is over and we're looking for alternatives to handling his ADHD.

I'm heading to bed, if I can tear myself away from the TV because Jimmy Kimmel is hilarious tonight!

I'll have a full post in a day or so, I've got some craft ideas up my sleeves so hopefully I'll be able to get to them!  Until then, have a good one and talk to you soon!

TTFN,

Leslie:-)



2 comments:

underthegypsytree(at)gmail.com said...

I know what you Mean about the blog hop. 100 participants and you were the only one to leave a comment. Its was particularly unsatisfying. It takes a long time to cruise the whole list one by one.Well at least I found you :)
Your awesome.

underthegypsytree(at)gmail.com said...

I am based out of iowa , and my area in particular had 4 ft snow drifts , so I put off getting chickens till I can make sure we have a coop or shelter that could be kept warmer all winter. We had a good month or so of neg temps here. I had my eye on silkies they are said to be the most petable.

I am hoping not to get the blight again , I think I may have gotten it from sprinkle watering or watering from above. I heard that you don't get it as much from watering below. We got a LOT of tomatoes last year 8 bushes made nearly 400 and we had even more that were too green to be called a success in october.

I am really excited about beans this year :)