Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Still haven't finished the quilt.........


I still haven't worked on the quilt. But I was busy yesterday, regardless of my non-quilting. Monday is my bread baking day---I baked two beautiful loaves of white bread for the kids. I am looking for a good rye bread and pumpernickel bread recipe, none of the recipes I have tried are good enough--yet. If you have a good recipe for either, please, let me know!!

DS #1 asked me to make Chicken Alfredo for dinner last night. It was a more involved meal than I felt like making (since I make everything from scratch) but I agreed since he felt I hadn't made anything that he liked in a week, LOL! So, I spent 2 hours making this wonderful meal and at dinnertime his friends show up and he disappears. By the time he reappears, his meal is cold, but he says that it isn't a problem. He takes his plate and starts eating and then tells me that Alfredo sauce is too rich for him and he can't possibly eat it all! I look at him like WHAT???? I ask him why he wanted me to make it if he didn't like it---he said it just sounded good. He did end up eating it, though and said it was good.

For dessert, I decided to make this Quadruple Chocolate Loaf Cake that I saw Nigella Lawson make on her show Nigella Feasts on the Food Network. It turned out great, not too sweet and very chocolately. Quite rich after such a rich meal, but it was worth it!


One of the reasons I haven't been able to work on this quilt is the baby has been SO busy getting into everything, anytime I try to do something around the house, he is creating messes of gargantuan proportions! Or, he's climbing precariously on furniture or bookshelves or chairs, just one short iota away from landing on his head! DH and I put a padded floor in the bedroom to keep him safe, and let me tell you, it certainly got a workout from him yesterday! This kid climbed on EVERYTHING he could get his feet and hands onto and his new favorite activity is standing on things and flapping his arms and making noises like he is on his soapbox! It's actually very funny and quite cute--but I can't let him know that and encourage him further. If we are able to swing buying that farm, this kid is gonna have plenty of room to blow off some of this steam---along with his brothers!


Ok, well I'm off to get some housework done, feed the boys and hopefully have time to work on the quilt. I have some ideas for my next quilt which I am actually going to try and design one myself, instead of using a pattern. I saw some really neat fabric folding techniques on Simply Quilts last week and I'd like to give them a try. Oh, and I'd like to get all my UFO's done before summer (yeah right!).

Maybe I'll post later with news of a completed quilt, or at least one closer to completion!

No comments: