Sunday, January 21, 2007

A New Day.......

I had a blog on here years ago---I made 5 or 6 entries and never went back, LOL! Well, I went back today and re-read what I had posted. Life sure does change a lot in 5 years! I am no longer with my former husband and it's been 5 years now. I've got a new DH and it's been nearly 3 years with him. I've got a 1 year old---along with the other 5 kids from the first marriage! Life is actually good! Going over that old blog, I found out how miserable I really was back then, and I find it really sad. BUT, I am so grateful and happy for my life now, life really CAN be awesome!


DH and I are putting a bid on a small farm out in the country. The house is 127 years old and needs tons of work, a veritable money pit! It is exactly the kind of house I've always dreamed of living in---when I found it while perusing realtor.com, I saw the picture and knew I had to have it.


I know, it looks run down, and it is run down--badly. But, I know that DH and I can make it into our dream house. It certainly won't happen overnight, but it'll happen as time, money and energy permit. Oh, and baby. And kids.
Did I tell you the best part of all of this? The 5 acres of land that goes with this house! 4 of the acres are woods, woods that end at the Ashtabula river---we'd actually own river front property, LOL! The woods are lower than the top yard, but they are beautiful--and a great resource of our own firewood for the large fireplace inside the house! Wow!!!
There is a huge yard, a large fenced in area by the barn where I can finally have the garden I've been dreaming of all these years. The garage is huge, perfect for DH to have the wood shop he's always wanted. This is the place of our dreams. An even bigger dream is to someday build a log cabin down in the woods by the river. I can dream:-D

I am back to quilting. It's a shame I had stopped for so many years, but DH made me a great sewing area in our bedroom so I am motivated to get creative again. I've made 3 quilts in the three months I've had it---costumes for the boys to play in:


I have to make anime plushes and now I am working on a quilt I am making for the baby. I'll have a picture later. Then I have to make quilts for the other boys. Somewhere in there I want to make a quilt for my bed, too! I've never made one for me, in all the 16 years I've been quilting, I have no quilts for me---well this year I am changing that! I am quilting for me and the household. I am finishing all my PIGs and UFOs. Like this one, I finished the top 7 or 8 years ago:

I have no idea how I want to quilt it, so I hang it year after year, batting showing, no binding--waiting for it to speak out to me and tell me how to quilt it. I don't know!!! What I do know is that I don't want to machine quilt it, I don't feel comfortable enough to do that and I am not that good of a machine quilter. I can hand quilt it---but I don't know how I want the background quilted. It's so beautiful, I am so scared of ruining it, so it stays unquilted, unfinished. It WILL be done this year!!!

Well, it's time for bed. It's nice to be back, I apparently had to take a 5 year break before I could blog again, it's nice to be back, I just hope I keep it up this time! Have a good night and sleep well!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I just love the idea of buying an old house and renovating it - good luck with your ambitious project! I'm sure you'll get a real feeling of accomplishment as you create the home you've always wanted! :) Do you ever watch "If Walls Could Talk"? Wonder what goodies and bits of history you'll discover about your home as time goes by. :) We are in the process of purchasing a home ourselves right now - I'm getting antsy too! I'm ready to move!