Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My current WIP




Ok, well I didn't work on it at all on Tuesday. To be honest, I spent most of my freetime working on this blog and my Yahoo 360 page. Here are most of the blocks on my design board. The quilt is called Windows on My World and it's a baby quilt that I am making for my 1 year old. Each block is made up of 4 triangles which open up to a cute kiddie fabric inside.







Here I am putting the top row together with the sashing between the blocks. You can see the blocks partially opened. The fabrics below are really cute and the baby has already gotten a kick out of looking at them.










Here is the quilt top finished except for the borders. Once I get those on it'll be pretty simple to machine quilt it---I could probably get it done in a day or so, depending on how busy the baby keeps me! I'll probably have to wait either until late at night when everyone is asleep or on the weekend when DH is home and I can work uninterrupted.





Part of the issue is the fact that my sewing room is also my bedroom and my 1 year olds' bedroom. But, since I was sick of sewing on the kitchen table and having to put everything away at each mealtime, DH made me an awesome sewing/computing/TV area in a corner of our room. Here are some pictures of my sewing area.

Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be sewing today instead of blogging and I'll have quite a bit more of this quilt done. For whatever reason, finishing is always the hardest thing for me. I can piece like a storm--it only took me 3 days to get this top together---but when it comes to quilting a project, I've got some that have been waiting 8 years to be quilted!!!

Well, it's late and I've got some Simply Quilts episodes that I've DVR'd to catch up on so wish me luck and motivation to get some quilting done tomorrow!








2 comments:

Granny Fran said...

Enjoyed visiting your studio. I have my studio in my bedroom also, but only share it with cats, my kids are long grown. Sometimes one of my granddaughters visits me and is learning to make quilts. Glad to have you at Quilt Studio webring.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty quilt! Mine's in my bedroom, also.
Welcome to the ring.