Saturday, January 27, 2007

Quilts, quilts, quilts

I'm trying to get pictures together of all the quilts I've made over the years. I still have stacks of pictures to go through to get some of my older quilts together. I'd like to make an album with pictures of each quilt, the story behind the quilt and even fabric swatches if I still have some. I thought that would make a nice keepsake for whomever is interested after I am gone. I have to get over to my mother's house and take pictures of all the quilts I've made her. I have 2 quilts that I've made for me over the years, and one isn't even finished! This year, I am pledging to try and complete a quilt a month---and get all my WIP's and UFO's done. I am also pledging to buy fabric whenever I can afford to do so---my stash is very low---very low. Even if it's a stack of fat quarters a month---that's something! I have so many quilts I want to make this year--mostly wallhangings but I have to make a bed quilt for me and DH (queen size--big!) and a bed quilt for each of the boys and my daughter. I am taking a machine quilting class at my LQS so I can get the stippling down, I've never been good at that! If you are interested, feel free to take a peak at the quilts I have pics of so far, it isn't much but they are mine (well, I made them, anyway!)

No comments: